Remote Learning Survey
The DOE developed a Remote Learning Survey in collaboration to gather feedback about the experiences of students and families with remote learning over the last few weeks.
We invite all students in grades 6-12 and all parents/guardians of students in grades 3-K through 12 to participate.
There are several options for free internet access, as follows:
- AlticeUSA is providing free internet service for all students through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Please call 866-200-9522 to enroll.
- Comcast - Comcast is offering an internet essentials package for free. To sign up for a free internet essentials package for 60 days, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- Spectrum - Spectrum is offering free internet access for students K-12 or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum subscription through June 30, 2020. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
- Charter - Charter is offering free internet through June 30, 2020. 1 (877) 906-9121
- AT&T - AT&T COVID-19 response. AT&T will offer open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Verizon - Verizon does not have special offers, but is following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint - Sprint is following the FCC agreement, providing unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile - T-Mobile is following the FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
Families that need electronic devices should submit the request here: https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices. Families can also call 718-935-5100 and select option 5 for to complete the survey over the phone. We will be prioritizing students in temporary housing and our neediest families. Delivery will be done in waves over the next several weeks.
DOE is committed to making three free meals available daily for all NYC children. Families can learn the location of the nearest meal hub by texting FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877. The "find a free meal location near you” feature is now available, so families can search for the meal hub nearest to them.
Regional Enrichment Centers:
Regional Enrichment Centers launch today and are open Monday-Friday, from 7:30am to 6pm. Each room will serve a maximum of 12 children, and children will have the opportunity to participate in remote learning as well as art, music, and physical education. We are prioritizing enrollment for children of primary caretakers who work in health care, FDNY, NYPD, OEM and some NYCTA roles, but will assess capacity to expand enrollment priorities. Families who are interested in enrolling for a REC can apply here.
Exam Information: 2019- 2020 School Year
- NYSESLAT Exams for ELL students
- Regents Exams: The State has cancelled June 2020 Regents exams.
- AP Exams: The College Board has announced that AP exams will not be administered in school buildings, but students will be able to take AP exams at home