Dear Fort Students and Families,
Based on academic progress, students have been scheduled for fully remote Summer School 2020. Fort Hamilton students will participate in a collaboration of schools led by Gotham Professional Arts Academy (13K594). I will be working closely with the principal of Gotham and will be available to our students and families throughout the summer term.
Summer school begins July 6 and will run through August 14. You will receive more detailed information about your schedule later this week. You can anticipate the need for summer school if you earned an NX grade in core subjects (English, social studies, science, math, PE or Health). Only seniors will be able to make up electives like art needed to graduate. In addition, students with credit gaps will be scheduled in core subjects based on availability.
In order to participate in the online summer school program, students must activate and use an email address assigned to them by the Department of Education. Please activate this account now by visiting this website: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/doe-student-accounts
Instructions once you are at the Student Account Self Service site:
1. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card)
2. Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
If you have any questions about which classes you have been scheduled for, please reach out to your counselor via Pupilpath by June 30.