Students are permitted to bring their cellphones, headphones, air pods, etc. into school, however, they will be reminded each morning upon entry and through signage in the building that they cannot be used anywhere in the school during instructional hours 7:20 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
Fort Hamilton High School Student Rules and Regulations:
- 8. All electronic entertainment devices including video cameras, photo cameras, cellphones, radios, CD players, IPODS, IPADS and headphones are not to be used anywhere in the school building during school hours and will be confiscated if the student is found using item in the building. Disciplinary measures include: warning, disciplinary referral, parent contact, confiscation and parent conference.
Students who are found using their cellphones or other electronic entertainment items in the building during school hours will be disciplined progressively. Students will be subject to but not limited to the following measures:
First offense - warning, disciplinary referral, signing a behavioral contract, parent contact, confiscation of the item and returned at end of the school day
Second offense – disciplinary referral, parent contact, confiscation of the item, and returned at end of the school week or to a parent
Third offense – disciplinary referral, parent phone call, confiscation of the item and returned following a parent conference
Teachers observing students using a cellphone in the classroom, and wishing to report a student doing so, should call ext. 1000 for assistance. Staff should refrain from confiscating any cellphone or electronic item. In the case that you feel it is necessary to confiscate any item please adhere to the following:
- Label the item collected or confiscated with the student’s name or attach the students ID card to the item.
- Do not leave item unattended.
- Secure the item in a locked area or call for assistance so that the item can be secured.
- Bring item to Assistant Principal Security office as soon as possible.